SUMMER 2017: We are seeking applications for a research assistant with skills in creating animation videos for a research project on the psychology of language All applicants must have these skills/availability:
- Applicants MUST be undergraduate students who are not graduating until spring 2018 or later.
- experience with one or more animation programs; have sample work to show
- experience adding speech to videos and time-locking the speech to the animation
- an ability to learn new animation programs
- strong work ethic (punctuality, good communication, responsibility)
- logical thinker
- available to work July 1-Aug 15 approximately 20 hours per week, and part-time during the school year 2017-2018
A strong applicant will also have these skills/interests:
- interest/experience in experimental research
- classwork in psychology, linguistics, computer science
Applications will be considered through June 26; interviews will take place during the week of June 26; notification by June 30. Note that this position is contingent on the receipt of expected funding from NSF.
To apply fill out this application:
GENERAL APPLICATION FOR ALL RA POSITIONS
Are you interested in doing research on the psychology of language?
We accept applications for both 1) Independent Study (i.e. course credit) and 2) Work Study. Independent study applications will be considered for the following semester. Note that the departmental deadline is always a couple days after the start of the semester, so you need to apply well before that. Work study applications are considered at the start of each academic year, in August/September.
To apply, fill out this application: